The project includes designing a 40,000 sqft residential building consisting of 12 high-end Lofts ranging from 1800 sqft to 3000 sqft, some with duplex layout, and outdoor spaces. The building is located in Tribeca; one of the most trendy districts in New York City.
This project took advantage of a 5 story 19th Century brick building on site by maintaining its shell and building an entirely new super structure within. The new structure raises 7 additional floors above the height of the existing shell. Most of the lofts feature private terraces. They enjoy eat-in kitchens, spa-like bathrooms, fireplaces, year-round central air conditioning and private locker rooms.
Chelsea Atelier Architects were selected to design the interiors of all residential units, as well as the building’s lobby, kid’s room, gym, and other common spaces within the building.
Design intentions were to infuse a sense of tranquility and comfort with functionality. This was particularly challenging because the design team worked with layouts meant to have a broad appeal due to the speculative nature of the development. Materials became very important. The result was to create variations from a minimal selection of materials.
The kitchens were designed around open loft layouts and equipped with white glossy finished European custom cabinets. The contrasting large dark stone slab countertops wrap around the cabinets and provide large continuous work surfaces for food preparation and serious cooking. All kitchens include professional style stainless steel appliances and provide functional, ample storage spaces.
In all bathrooms large slabs of stone become centerpieces. In master bathrooms, rather than utilizing standard size tiles, the team chose to cover the floors with 2’ x 4’ large format slabs and the walls with 2’ x 2’ cut granite stone and calacatta marble. Full mirrors enhance the visual quality of the bathroom spaces while heated floors and towel racks warm them. Other various materials and features include white glossy finished European custom vanities, glass tiles, and custom built medicine cabinets with soft bamboo interiors.
Recently in Portfolio
- 12 Eileen’s Path – East Hampton, NY
- Water Mill Private Residence
- Fieldston Residence
- 245 Seventh Ave. Lobby & Public Corridors
- Hamptons Cottage
- 78th Street Apartmennt
- Town House – Williamsburg, Brooklyn
- DO & CO New York Catering, Inc.
- 7 West 51st Street – New York
- Gateways To Chinatown
- Fifth Avenue Loft – New York
- Park Savanna
- 67 Park Avenue – New York
- Chelsea Penthouse – New York
- Turkish Consulate in New York City
- 92 Warren Condos – New York
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport
- SEDESCO Office Tower – New York
- 19th Street Apartment
- Terminal 1 – JFK International Airport
- Reem Acra Boutique -New York
- Chelsea Loft – New York
- NY Duplex
- NY Loft
- 10th Avenue
- 29 East 61 Street – New York
- Philadelphia International Airport
- Chelsea Apartment – New York
- EINY- Ecole International De New york
- Park Avenue Loft – New York
- Stamell Townhouse – New York
- 26 East 64th Street – New York
- Dean Residence – New York
- Murray Hill
- Pittsburgh International Airport
- Roso Residence – New York
- Kennedy Residence – New York
- Foster Playground – Pittsburg, PA
- Izmir International Airport